GFWC/IFC Kankakee Valley Women's Club
4 Year College Scholarship - $750.00
Vocational-Technical School Scholarship - $250.00
The GFWC IFC Kankakee Valley Women's Club gives at least one college and one vocational school scholarship annually. The granting of both scholarships is governed by the following regulations:
1. The candidate must be a resident of the Kankakee Valley School district.. He/she must also be a member in good standing of his/her high school graduation class.
2. The candidate must have been accepted by a four-year college with the intent to follow a course of study leading to a bachelor's degree or by an approved vocational or technical school with the intent to follow a course of study leading to a certificate or degree from that institution.
3. Available scholarships will be awarded to candidates based on academic achievement, financial need, school and community activities, and writing ability. A child or grandchild of a club member will be given extra consideration on the point scale used.
4. Scholarship winners will be selected by the Scholarship Committee and the decision of that committee is final.
5. Scholarship money(1/2)will be paid to the student at the beginning of each semester of (freshmen year) upon receipt of a letter/receipt from the school's registrar attesting that he/she is a full-time student in good standing---not to exceed a February 1 deadline
6. If the scholarship recipient fails to use scholarship funds for college expenses, such funds must be repaid to the Kankakee Valley Women's Club Scholarship Fund.
KANKAKEE VALLEY WOMEN'S CLUB
P.O. BOX 841
DEMOTTE, IN 46310
All applications must be mailed to the above address. Applications must be postmarked between March 1
and May 1.
KVWC--HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP
_________ 4 Year College Scholarship $750.00
_________ Vocational Technical Scholarship $250.00
Please print or type all information.
Last First Middle Age
City________________________________________ State _____________ Zip__________________
Brothers and Sisters Age Name of College
Are you a child or grandchild of a Kankakee Valley Women's Club Member?
If so, name of club member:
ANNUAL FAMILY NET INCOME: circle one.
$15,000- $25,000 $25,000-$40,000 $75,000-$100,000
$60,000-$75,000 $40,000-$75,000 Above $100,000
COLLEGE OR TECHNICAL SCHOOL:
Name and Location of your school of choice
Intended course of study or major
Have you applied? Have you been accepted?
EMPLOYMENT RECORD: (beginning with most recent job)
HIGH SCHOOL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES: (include community volunteer work, awards, office held, honors, clubs, etc.)
List on separate sheet of paper-
ACADEMIC: Include a copy of your high school transcript.
Class Rank__________________ Cumulative GPA _____________
BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH: On a separate sheet of paper, compose a biographical sketch of no more than one page. Include your career goals, your family situation and any other information that you feel would help in the scholarship selection. The sketch should be typewritten. *Do not include your name or any family member name in the paper.
DEADLINE: Postmarked by May 1.
INCLUDE: 1. Application Form
2. Biographical Sketch
3. High School Transcript
SEND TO: Scholarship Committee
Kankakee Valley Women's Club
P.O. Box 841
DeMotte, IN 46310-0841
If you are chosen as a finalist, the Scholarship Committee may request a personal interview.
I hereby certify that the information I have provided in this application is correct to the best of my knowledge.
Student's Signature Date